Top 5 Advantages of Using Ceramic Knives
I used to buy Teflon utensils and cookware but when I heard about the newest kitchen trend, I had to try it. You know when you’re looking for some car to buy and you must do a test drive before purchasing it? I did the same thing, a bought myself a ceramic frying pan, which I must say was pretty affordable. I quickly came to a conclusion that ceramic cookware is completely free of toxins and thus, environmentally friendly.
The next thing I bought was ceramic knives from Wilson Cutlery. I purchased the best of the best – Pro-Series Black Elite. Designed with high quality, sharp and durable, these are the first knives made with Zirconia #4, meaning their particle fineness is 30% higher than any other on the market. They give you a balanced feel in your hand and offer an experience like no other. This is the main reason why in this review I will focus on ceramic knives.
Sharing this with you gives me nothing but pleasure, so here are the top 5 advantages of using ceramic utensils, according to my judgment:
1. Purity – ceramic knives are resistant to oxidation, so they will never get that awful brown rust on them. Your food will never be touched again with rust, nor will have metallic taste or smell. Not only that they are pure but healthier than anything else.
2. Sharpness – if you want beautiful ground with razor sharp precision, ceramic knives are perfect for you. They have the ability to retain their original sharpness 10 times longer than steel blades.
3. Lightweight – metal-based knives are heavy, but ceramic knives are almost half of that weight. When you have a difficult cutting task they will provide you with total ease of use. Besides, their ergonomic handles are well balanced, giving you a highly controlled grasp.
4. Easy to clean – Ceramic material has the capacity to not absorb any food element, which means you will only have to do a quick rinse and wipe them out with a kitchen towel.
5. Affordable – You don’t want to spend a load of cash on something toxic and non-useful. Ceramic knives are affordable and can be used for multiple cutting chores, such as cutting meat, fruits, vegetables, etc.